RE: Mixed Results Playing mp3

-----Original Message-----
From: John R. [mailto:johnr@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 June, 2009 04:17
To: John Frankish
Cc: linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mixed Results Playing mp3

John Frankish wrote:

> Does your mpg123 support alsa?
>
>> yes, it plays mp3 without problems via the machine's sound card

It could be that mpg123 is using OSS and not ALSA directly.  Make sure
ALSA is being used.

> Thanks - I used "-o alsa" to verify alsa was being used, the result is the same.

This could also be totally unrelated.

John
--
Any ideas about this? I'm using the latest versions of bluez, dbus, alsa, mpg123, etc- there must be some reason why mplayer will play mp3 over Bluetooth and mpg123 will not.

Are there any tests I can run to try and narrow down the problem?

Thanks, John