Re: Bluez Certification

Hi Balaji,

> I had a couple of questions related to the BQB qualification
> of the Bluez stack and was wondering if someone could help with the same
>
> The BQB certification is of two types – profile and host.
> Basically we are trying to get the BQB profile qualification for a BT
> dongle.
>
> There are a number of companies that have done the BQB host
> side certification for the Bluez stack. Ideally we would like to leverage the
> BT host certification done by the other companies for the host side and simply do a profile cert for our device.
>
> The questions I have are the following:
> Is 1) Is it possible to reuse a certification done by someone
> else? Has this been done before? ( The Helsinki developer meeting minutes from
> 2008 seem to suggest this has been done before)

yes, it is possible if kernel version and source code are matching. And
if the BlueZ source code is matching.

> 2) If it is possible then what is the procedure for the
> same?

Just do it. The Bluetooth SIG has a procedure for it. It is a little bit
confusing, but should still work.

> 3) Is there a particular BQ ID that has been made
> available for other people to use?

There are few, but it always depends on 1) and it if matches.

> 4) Have any devices been qualified for Bluetooth 2.1 with
> Bluez?

Yes. Not sure if all of them are listed yet.

Regards

Marcel