RE: Passkey-Agent for bluez 4.xx

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Hedberg [mailto:johan.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 June, 2009 11:13
To: John Frankish
Cc: linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Passkey-Agent for bluez 4.xx

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009, John Frankish wrote:
> You should issue the pairing from your mobile phone. I don't know how to
> start pairing from the console.

The very same script you're discussing here (both the modified with the
'5555' and the unmodified version) acts as an passive acceptor for pairing
when you run it without arguments and as an initiator for pairing when you
give it two arguments.  So something like

./simple-agent hci0 <remote address>

should initiate a pairing from the command line to the remote device. This
has btw been discussed a few times on the mailing lists and you'd probably
also have found the answer by googling "bluez simple-agent" or something
similar.

Johan

----
Thanks - ./simple-agent hci0 <remote address> does indeed work and the terminal window feedback (as opposed to bluez-gnome) also enabled me to find that the reason I could not pair using the more recent /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf was that you need to be root to do so, which wasn't the case circa bluez-4.17

As for google etc, believe me I passed several hours trying to find enlightenment on this subject

Now to see if I can get a bt headset working with bluez-4.41...