RE: Passkey-Agent for bluez 4.xx

Hi Scott,

> >> My question is, how hard would it be to fix the agent.c code myself?
>
> >Most of the work has been done, I believe. You should speak to Alan
> >Carvalho de Assis at acassis@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> >James
>
> I have some additional questions:
>
> While on the "full" Linux operating system (on a PC), some type of agent
> is installed and executed for me in that environment.  Where is this
> agent coming from?  How is it being executed for me? To my knowledge, I
> have never installed an agent or configured one.
>
> I can't seem to find many agent interactions in the Bluez code -
> although I find references to it.  Not surprisingly, the main agent
> reference is in test/agent.c.
>
> When I go to execute my project on my embedded device, there is no
> agent.  From all other aspects that I am aware of, the other things
> (dbus, bluez, etc) seem to be similar (my team has already tackled those
> challenges - although some may still remain).
>
> Is it possible that this agent is not included with the dbus that runs
> on the embedded device, but is on the PC?  Does Gnome include this
> agent?  Does it come from the bluetooth-applet?

the simple answer is yes. The agent is part of bluetooth-applet. Either
from bluez-gnome package or nowadays from gnome-bluetooth.

The agent is running in a userspace session, while bluetoothd running at
system level as root.

Other example agents are test/agent.c or simple-agent. Also KDE has its
own agent and so does the Maemo based devices.

Regards

Marcel