RE: bluez 4.x questions, SCO stops

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Hedberg [mailto:johan.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 4:25 PM
To: Brock Denson
Cc: linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: bluez 4.x questions, SCO stops

Hi Brock,

On Thu, May 07, 2009, Brock Denson wrote:
> I am having a problem with SCO stopping after 1 minute that I would
> really appreciate some help with.  I can connect to the headset, query
> with the test-telephony play <> command then after 30 seconds I get a
> dbus timeout and then 30 more seconds later the SCO will stop.  I have
> air-traced the session and can see that the host is sending silence
> while SCO is being transmitted, so it seems functional, but I am sure
> am missing something.  I have included just about everything I can
think
> of below in the hopes that someone has a few minutes to point out the
> problem.  Distribution is FC10.

You've got several occurences of the following in the logs:
bluetoothd[25721]: connect(): Connection timed out (110)

I'm pretty sure that's coming for the SCO socket and I recall there
being
a related kernel bug which got fixed some time back. You might want to
try
with the latest 2.6.30-rc kernel or one of Marcel's git trees (e.g.
bluetooth-testing). Those should have the issue fixed.

Johan

[mbd] So I went back and took the changes from Marcel's commit
c89b6e6bda... and this appears to fix the problem I was seeing.  Thanks
a lot for your help.

 To report this email as spam click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/rAh+GXBN20nTndxI!oX7UsdpzMR7Bo2KTOUX18r2s
UgefAez5Mzz7yd1bhrfSNyTdIWXn92SVA2toBNtFUgrMg== .