Re: PAN with bluez-utils-3

Luiz Augusto von Dentz schrieb:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Florian Philipp <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So my question is: Does anyone have a working set of configuration files
>> for newer bluez-utils? Preferably something related to the roles GN or  NAP.

[...]
> To act like a server you don't need to do anything for panu, for gn we
> normally create a bridge called pan0 where all client are added, nap
> is especial because of the routing stuff so you/your system need to
> configure a bridge properly and make network.conf to use it (by
> default this should be pan1).
>
> Now if you got any problem you could please provide a more detailed
> info of it, if it is a bug we will be happy to fix it.
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for your answer! I don't think it's bug but merely lack of
understanding on my part. Therefore I'll go into detail now:

Here I have a Gentoo system which shall act as the GN. Its hcid.conf
looks like this:"
options {
	autoinit yes;
	security auto;
	pairing multi;
	passkey "123456";
}
device {
 	name "BlueZ (%d) at %h";
	class 0x020100;
	iscan enable; pscan enable;
	lm master;
	lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
}
"

Its network.conf would then look like this (?):"
[General]

[PANU Role]
Autostart=false

[GN Role]
Interface=blue0
Autostart=true

[NAP Role]
Autostart=false
"

The init-script executes the following command:
/usr/sbin/hcid -s -f /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

What's wrong with this? When I test it with Windows clients, they fiind
the device but it doesn't appear to have PAN functionality.

P.S.: Sorry Luiz if I accidentally sent the reply directly to you at first.