Re: BlueZ pairing failure and kernel 2.6.24 crash

Hi Frederic,

> I am working with BlueZ 3.22, kernel 2.6.24 on ARM and found 2 problems :
>
> -  I am not able to pair with some phones (Nokia N70 and sony-ericsson
> P800). After some investigations, I found that a "L2CAP information
> request packet" is sent just after the ACL connection. Both phones reply
> with "command rejected" error, then disconnect the ACL link before BlueZ
> is able to finish the pairing (see attached traces).
>
> - with some other phones (LG 990 Viewty and sony-ericsson T610), the
> kernel crashes after pairing initiated by the phone is completed.
>
> For the first problem I removed the send of the "L2CAP information
> request packet" in the kernel (see attached patch). This fixes both
> problems.
>
> I did not found any usage of the remote L2CAP information in kernel.
> Is sending "L2CAP information request packet" mandatory for upper layer
> and/or qualification ?
> Is my fix OK ?

sending the L2CAP info is just fine. It should not cause any problems. I
think it is the pairing code that does some weird things at the wrong
time. Can you test with bluetooth-testing.git against bluez-4.28 to
verify that this issue still exists.

Regards

Marcel