Re: duplicate L2CAP connection requests - before and after L2CAP information response

Hi Nick,

> >> I can reproduce this with
> >>
> >> l2test -n ADDRESS
> >>
> >> The two devices need to be paired first. Here was the hcidump I got
> >> from this repro. This time it was the remote features response that
> >> triggered the duplicate l2cap connection request. I assume it is the
> >> same l2cap_conn_start() path after the feature response that triggers
> >> the duplicate.
> >>
> >> I can also repro this connecting to many A2DP headsets, but most
> >> remote stacks seem to be tolerant of our mistake and let it go. I
> >> guess PTS comes in handy sometimes :)
> >
> > are you actually using a plain 2.6.27 kernel or do you have patched out the
> > L2CAP info stuff. I don't see us sending the requests for that and this
> > might screw up the state machine.
>
> We have not patched the L2CAP info stuff. In fact we are very close to
> plain 2.6.27, the only significant BT patches we have are
> pause-rfcomm-on-encryption-dropped which is also on
> bluetooth-testing.git.
>
> Also, you'll notice that in my second hcidump, the problem occurred
> after the remote features response, not the l2cap info response. So
> i'm not sure that the code paths that cause this are specific to the
> L2CAP info response. It seems to be any time that we hit
> l2cap_conn_start() after already sending the request once.

the problem is that even the L2CAP info request should not be sent
before the features response (in case of 2.1 extended features
response).

I think your kernel is wrongly patched. Don't cherry-pick patches that
you don't know the impact of.

> > And please just verify this against bluetooth-testing.git without any other
> > core Bluetooth patches. I really don't see how we end up in your code path
> > except your code is modified.
>
> Were you able to repo using bluetooth-testing.git?

Just run it on my Quad G5 against my iPhone. It does work perfectly fine
and that is even what the code review showed me.

Regards

Marcel