Re: [patch] hid2hci check usb_init return value

Hi Khem,

> Working on a system which did not have a USB in it. I was getting a
> segfault with hid2hci. The problem tracked down was usb_init () was
> failing and we did not check for it and carried on with execution.
> As a result the next call to libusb failed because we passed in NULL for
> ctx because during usb_init () this should have been malloc'ed if all
> have gone correctly but in case of error usb_init () free's up the
> allocated memory and hence the segfault.
>
> We should check for return value of usb_init () call and exit
> immediately if it fails. Tested on 4.24 release.

the problem is that usb_init() doesn't return any errors on the versions
that I have here:

ii  libusb-0.1-4   2:0.1.12-12    userspace USB programming library
ii  libusb-dev     2:0.1.12-12    userspace USB programming library

Applying your patch would break complication on multiple platforms.

Regards

Marcel