Re: Can we change org.openobex.Client's dbus node path?

Hi Raymond,

I notice that, in obex-client, we create the org.openobex.Client interface under path "/".
	It's the same as org.openobex.manager in obexd.

While, when create new session for say FTP, Obexd put Session interface under path "/session*" , and obex client put the Session interface under path "/org/openobex/Session*"

And this will make the introspect function on client: dbus-send -- print-reply --dest=org.openobex.client / org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect fail to show the node for /org/openobex/Session* (but dbus-send --print-reply -- dest=org.openobex.client /org org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect will work) While for obexd: dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.openobex / org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect can show the node for /Session*.

So, can we change the path for org.openobex.Client and register it under path "/org/openobex/Client"? Or we register session, FTP interfaces under root path like that in the obexd? Either way can solve the introspect problem.

we can put the object path wherever we want. That is the whole point of having a manager interface to discover/create them. The API specification mentions "variable prefix" for a really good reason. So whatever is broken here, the fix is not to change the object path. We have to fix the broken introspection.

Also I don't see your issue here. So you are saying that within obex- client when you introspect / that you are not getting /org in the list of paths.

Regards

Marcel