Re: possible sbc codec bug with audio glitches

Brad Midgley wrote:
> Jelle,
>
> Everything in the codec is symmetrical between the two channels unless
> using joint stereo mode. In joint stereo, if it saves space, we encode
> the difference between and the sum of the channels instead of the
> individual channel content. It's conceivable that an overflow here
> might be manifest differently between the two channels.
>
> It looks like you can use a parameter "mode" in the alsa config and
> set it to either "stereo" or "joint"
>
> If you can narrow down the distortion to one of these cases that would be handy.
>
> Do you have an mp3 I could try to hear the problem?
>
> Brad

Thank you Brad for taking the time to answer.

I have tried the mode joint and mode stereo [1] for a few days but I
cant hear any difference and the small glitches are still there.

I posted a small audio segment that has the problem in my first post:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4819B1A7.2070702%40powercraft.nl
http://filebin.ca/pugrs/glitch.wav

Thanks in advance,

Jelle