Re: Dell 365 Bluetooth

El Monday 03 November 2008 20:03:51 Mario Limonciello escribió:
> Isaías Martínez Yelmo wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to ask if there is some future plan to support the new
> > bluetooth device Dell 365 Bluetooth.  As far as I know, this is a new
> > device included on new Dell Latitudes e4200/e4300 and I have not found
> > any information related with it yet. This is the information that i have
> > obtained from lsusb, just to provide all the information that I have:
> >
> > Bus 001 Device 006: ID 413c:8160 Dell Computer Corp.
> > Device Descriptor:
> >   bLength                18
> >   bDescriptorType         1
> >   bcdUSB               2.00
> >   bDeviceClass          224 Wireless
> >   bDeviceSubClass         1 Radio Frequency
> >   bDeviceProtocol         1 Bluetooth
> >   bMaxPacketSize0        64
> >   idVendor           0x413c Dell Computer Corp.
> >   idProduct          0x8160
> >   bcdDevice            1.73
> >   iManufacturer           1 Dell Computer Corp
> >   iProduct                2 Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module
> >   iSerial                 0
> >   bNumConfigurations      1
> >   Configuration Descriptor:
> >     bLength                 9
> >     bDescriptorType         2
> >     wTotalLength          216
> >     bNumInterfaces          4
> >     bConfigurationValue     1
> >     iConfiguration          0
> >     bmAttributes         0xe0
> >       Self Powered
> >       Remote Wakeup
> >     MaxPower              100mA
> >     Interface Descriptor:
> >       bLength                 9
> >       bDescriptorType         4
> >       bInterfaceNumber        0
> >       bAlternateSetting       0
> >       bNumEndpoints           3
> >       bInterfaceClass       224 Wireless
> >       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Radio Frequency
> >       bInterfaceProtocol      1 Bluetooth
> >       iInterface              0
> >       Endpoint Descriptor:
> >         bLength                 7
> >         bDescriptorType         5
> >         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
> >         bmAttributes            3
> >           Transfer Type            Interrupt
> >           Synch Type               None
> >           Usage Type               Data
> >         wMaxPacketSize     0x0010  1x 16 bytes
> >         bInterval               1
> >       Endpoint Descriptor:
> >         bLength                 7
> >         bDescriptorType         5
> >         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
> >         bmAttributes            2
> >           Transfer Type            Bulk
> >           Synch Type               None
> >           Usage Type               Data
> >         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
> >         bInterval               1
> >       Endpoint Descriptor:
> >         bLength                 7
> >         bDescriptorType         5
> >         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
> >         bmAttributes            2
> >           Transfer Type            Bulk
> >           Synch Type               None
> >           Usage Type               Data
> >         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
> [...]

Hello,

I'm not very sure on how to enable the option that you mention, sorry. I've
include in /etc/modprobe.d/options the next line:

options btusb=1

but I don't know if this is right. The dmesg command shows these lines related
with hid2hci:

[   12.458741] usb 1-1.2: usbfs: process 2746 (hid2hci) did not claim
interface 0 before use
[   24.365796] usb 1-1.2: usbfs: process 5909 (hid2hci) did not claim
interface 0 before use

Perhaps, it could be relevant.

Let me know, if I have to enable the option in other way.

Regards,

Isaias

--
Isaías Martínez Yelmo