Re: Bluetooth 2.1 USB adapter!

--- On Fri, 26/9/08, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> can you point us to the exact model number and maybe a picture or shop
> where I could order one.

Heh, I should charge Belkin a commission ... ;-)

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=564Q

or (for a better picture)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6756035/Trail/searchtext%3EBLUETOOTH.htm

The model number is: F8T016

And once I'd warmed it in a hot fire for a short time, I noticed some other markings on it which (translated from the Elvish) read:

FCC ID:K7SF8T016
IC:3623A-F8T016

There's also a version of this adapter with 100m range, should you ever wish to share your bluetooth link with all of your neighbours.

And yes, it really *is* this small! I was planning on installing it permanently in the back of one of my machines, or risk losing it completely, but the machine then refused to boot. (It's an old machine with USB 1.1 ports at the back; it might be confused by the adapter's "hub on a chip", or possibly by the adapter's built-in keyboard and mouse devices.)

Now that we know how to get it working, I will be able to experiment with it further.

Cheers,
Chris