Re: Data on eglib vs glib, implications for embedded use of bluez

+1 to maintain eglib out of BlueZ code, we already have enough trouble
with releases because eglib, this is not really a problem of BlueZ
using glib but glib being bloated so fixing glib by distributing eglib
on its place might fix everybody problems. If we got a replacement for
glib we would probably stick to it since glib is at least unreadable,
there is even a case where a 'if (0)' was being used in its code (I
really meant glib not eglib).

I remember Marcel commenting about a library which Lennart was
supposed to implement, something I would like libdbus itself supports,
which would be a low level dbus api + mainloop + helpers which most
system daemons would be using to get into dbus system bus. All daemons
require mainloops (including dbus-daemon itself) so this may probably
be an opportunity to get this done and remove glib dependency from
dbus system daemons space.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computação