Re: How to set packet type and how to see which packet type is in use ?

Hi Kasper,

I am trying to compare some different Bluetooth setup. Doing that I would like to try with different baseband packet types. So far I have been trying in two scenarios using hciconfig hci0 ptype <type> and that seems to work, at least in the case where I am using RFCOMM sockets for communication. But judging from the transfer rate it does not seem to work using a PAND/BNEP setup. This leads to the following questions:

- How can I observe the currently uses packet type? I have been trying with hcidump and even parsed it with wireshark but can't really find the identifier that identifies witch packet type currently is in use.

you can't since that is the job of the link manager and not the host stack.

- Can I by somehow set the packettype using setsocktop() on a rfcomm socket ? I have been look to find documentation on the content of the sockopt struc used but can't really find any. I have also tried looking in the code but can't figure out how to manipulate the packet type else that using hciconfig

Don't mess around with packet types. Really, I mean it, don't. Leave the default and leave the rest up to the link manager.

Regards

Marcel