Re: BlueZ and Bluetooth Qualification

Hi Roland,

Sorry if this question was asked before, but appearantly I am not good
enough in finding the correct search terms ;)

Scenario:
I want to build a device which uses a BT-chipset from CSR, linux for ARM
(e.g. TI OMAP) and BlueZ for at least SPP usage.

1) If I want to sell this device with, what certifications and
qualifications for BT would I need?

this needs a Bluetooth host stack qualification with SSP.

2) If I update the kernel/drivers/my own application (aka "firmware)
would I need to requalify something?

Depending on what you change. This has to be decided case by case.

3) If I update the BlueZ version would I need to requalify something?

Again, case by case decision.

4) If I choose to add another profile to the system (e.g. Handsfree)
would I need to qualify the whole system again or only the Profile I
want to add?

If you build a modular qualification with components, then you can re- use components. If you do it as end-product, then you have to do the whole thing again.

Regards

Marcel