Re: RFCOMM server multiple client connections

Marcel Holtmann skrev:
Hi Kasper,

I am trying do do a simple client server setup  with bluez.
I can manage to have a client and a server on rfcomm sockets where the server listen on a socket and accept a connection from the client by connect. But then if I set the server back to accepting without putting down the one client connection it doesn't accept a new connection. When I read thought the documentation I can find on Bluez and Bluetooth in general it seems like it should be possible to multiplex serveal virtual rfcomm connections on one actual connection. But however I really can get it working and can't find any code where they do something similar.

are the clients running on multiple adapters.If they run on the sameadapter, it won't work. RFCOMM is not a layer that assign dynamic
channels numbers to each connection (like L2CAP does) and thus once a
RFCOMM channel is in use (the pair is bdaddr:channel) then you can
connect to it twice.

Exactly the client sockets are all originated from the same adapter. What I want to do is by some libsocks tricks to emulate a native tcp/ip socket and provide nearly the same interface. So far I have been using RFCOMM. As I understand you, this setup with multiple sockets connections from each host is possible using a l2cap socket instead. Which leads into the next question. Reading documentation on Bluetooth stacks in general some seems to provide a SOCK_STREAM type using l2cap. However this does not seems to be the case in the Bluez stack. So is there a way to have a somehow reliable stream connection allowing multiple connections from each host?

Regards and thanks a lot

Kasper Revsbech