Re: bcache patches for Linux v5.18

On 3/6/22 11:15 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 3/6/22 7:55 AM, Coly Li wrote:
On 3/6/22 10:17 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
On 3/6/22 3:35 AM, Coly Li wrote:
Hi Jens,

I have technical problem to send patches via email this time, please
consider to pull the bcache changes from my bcache tree. They can be
applied on top of your for-5.18/drivers branch.

We have 2 patches for Linux v5.18, both of them are from Mingzhe Zou.
The first patch improves bcache initialization speed by avoid
unnecessary cost of cache consistency, the second one fixes a
potential NULL pointer deference in bcache initialization time,

Please take them for Linux v5.18, thanks in advance.
I can take a git pull, but don't base it on something that isn't a tree
of mine. If I pull your branch right now, I'll get a ton of unrelated
changes.
I see, my for-next branch is not 100% clone the for-5.18/drivers
branch, although the patches are verified on top of it.
It doesn't have to be a clone, but you can't sell a pull request that
ends up meaning the person pulling will get a lot more than the stuff
you just committed. Which means it should've been based on
for-5.18/drivers, or some earlier point there depending on when you
pulled it.

Copied. Keep in mind for the hint.

If you want to do a git pull vs sending patches, base it on
for-5.18/drivers instead.

Copied. Now I pull my for-next branch from your for-5.18/drivers
branch, and they are same, and the two patches are added on top of it.
Thanks, pulled.

Thanks.

Coly Li