[no subject]

Any way, there are two aspects to what Javier was mentioning and I think
it is *critial* to separate them:

 a) emulation should be possible given the nature of NAND
 b) The PO2 requirement exists, is / should it exist forever?

The discussion around these two throws drew in a third aspect:

c) Applications which want to deal with LBAs directly on
NVMe ZNS drives must be aware of the ZNS design and deal with
it diretly or indirectly in light of the unmapped LBAs which
are caused by the differences between zone sizes, zone capacity,
how objects can span multiple zones, zone resets, etc.

I think a) is easier to swallow and accept provided there is
no impact on existing users. b) and c) are things which I think
could be elaborated a bit more at LSFMM through community dialog.

  Luis