Re: [dm-devel] use regular gendisk registration in device mapper

On 28/07/2021 13:24, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 10:37:41AM +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
>> very specific hw attributes. So you have one emulated device compiled-in?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Or there is another way how to configure scsi_debug if compiled-in? (we use module parameters, I think it is
>> the same was how util-linux testsute works with scsi_debug).
>
> Can can add hosts using the add_host sysfs file.  I thought that was the
> way to go generally, never thought of reloading the module just to
> add/delete hosts.

Heh, I just thought the opposite -that using kernel parameters is the way how to use it :-)

>> (BTW could you send me output of the failed test run? I run it over Linus' tree and ti works so it is perhaps another
>> assumption that should be fixed.)
>
> Output with everything from the README installed (a lot less failures now):

We cannot run some tests without scsi_debug as module, so I at least added detection for compiled-in scsi_debug
and some module error noise removal. (There is still a lot of operations tested without this.)

For the kernel dependencies:
For cryptsetup project and testsuite is good to have also enabled userspace crypto API interface (CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER)
and keyring (CONFIG_KEYS) but we should be able to run without it.
(The rest is specific crypto algs used in test images, but these are skipped if not available.)

Thanks,
Milan