Re: Assumption on fixed device numbers in Plasma's desktop search Baloo

Qu Wenruo - 26.06.21, 11:33:17 CEST:
> > I am not aware of an option for fstab to mount this one first and
> > then the other second, but I could set the second mount to noauto
> > and mount it when I need it.
> >
> >> But this also means, all later subvolumes not in the fixed
> >> mount/read sequence can not get a fixed number.
> >
> > I somehow thought this would get complicated.
>
> It's already complicated.
>
> So this just proves Neil is right, device number is only reliable at
> the lifespan of the fs, nothing else.

Thank you again.

I informed upstream about the conclusions from this thread.

Let's see what they come up with.

They have an energy efficiency goal, for that it would be desirable to
stop indexing files twice or thrice or even more times. :)

Best,
--
Martin