Re: 💥 PANICKED: Test report for kernel 5.8.0-rc2-c698ae9.cki (block)

On 7/1/20 11:16 AM, Rachel Sibley wrote:

> On 7/1/20 12:42 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On 7/1/20 10:37 AM, Rachel Sibley wrote:
>>> Hi, we're seeing multiple panics across all arches, I included a snippet of the call trace for both
>>> xfstests and boot test.
>>>
>>> You should be able to inspect in more detail by viewing the console.log under each build/tests directory:
>>> https://cki-artifacts.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=datawarehouse/2020/06/30/609250
>>
>> This was due to a bad patch series, which since got reverted and redone. Current
>> tree should be fine.
>>
>> Now it doesn't matter for this one since I guessed what this was and found it
>> before the bot did, but I do wish the reports were easier to look at. I should
>> not have to dig through directories (which were empty when the report went out,
>
> Sorry about that we noticed this right after we sent the report and
> worked quickly to resolve it on our end, the logs are now accessible
> in the external artifacts location.

I was probably just too quick, but if we can fix the below, then it'd
work much nicer and the logs would just be a secondary resource.

>> btw) to find logs, then download logs and leaf through hundreds of kb of text
>> to find out why the bot thought the tree was broken. It should be readily
>> apparent and in the email. If there's an OOPS, include the oops.
>
> Agreed, this is also something we'd like to do and we have an
> outstanding ticket to work on it.  I'll follow up and see if we can
> move this along quicker to make it easier to find it in the reports.

Thanks, that would be a massive improvement! The OOPS is really the key
thing here, and then I think it's fine to have to dig in
logs/directories to find other related information. Sometimes you just
know what it is just by seeing the OOPS.

--
Jens Axboe