Commit 35fe6d7632 breaks blktrace API

Hello,

I was investigating a performance issue with BFQ IO scheduler and I was
pondering why I'm not seeing informational messages from BFQ. After quite
some debugging I have found out that commit 35fe6d763229 "block: use
standard blktrace API to output cgroup info for debug notes" broke standard
blktrace API - namely the informational messages logged by bfq_log_bfqq()
are no longer displayed by blkparse(8) tool. This is because these messages
have now __BLK_TA_CGROUP bit set and that breaks flags checking in
blkparse(8). It isn't that hard to fix blkparse once you know what the
problem is but I've wasted couple hours on this...

Also apparently nobody tested the patch with blkparse(8) since 4.14
days? Admittedly this requires CONFIG_BFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED and having cgroups
set up for the cgroup info to get emitted which probably is not that common
with non-production machines.

Anyway, what to do now? Update blkparse(8) and hope nobody else is using
the blktrace API (likely I'd say)? Revert the change?

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR