Re: DIF/DIX issue related to config CONFIG_SCSI_MQ_DEFAULT

On 05/12/2018 02:22, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

Hi Martin,

John,

OK, great. Happy to help. So far we have hisi_sas fio issue to go on
plus knowledge that this issue seems to be exposed/triggered by
enabling SCSI MQ.

I'll have to go revisit the archives for your exact fio bits.

But I successfully ran our DIX/T10 PI qualification tooling without any
errors on the latest SCSI tree. On both scsi_debug and FC hardware.

I'm not fimilar with this tooling. Is it internal to your company?

Unfortunately it seems that no other SAS HBA kernel driver supports DIX, so we have nothing to test against for this transport.

My colleague chenxiang also tried DIF on 3008 with our same platform,
and we are seeing an issue there also; here's a snippet:

Reproduced this. Turns out to be a recently introduced bug that
exclusively affects DIF-only setups (so primarily mpt3sas due to lack of
DIX support). It's a regression caused by a commit that went in through
block a few months ago. I'll send a patch...

ok, great.

thanks,
John