Re: [GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.17-rc2

> Il giorno 25 apr 2018, alle ore 18:50, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Linus,
>
> I ended up sitting on this about a week longer than I wanted to,
> since we were hashing out details with a timeout change. I've now
> killed that patch, so we can flush the existing queue in due time.
>
> This pull request contains:
>
> - Fix for an old regression, where entering the queue can be disturbed
>  by a signal to the process. This can cause spurious EIO. Fix from Alan
>  Jenkins.
>
> - cdrom information leak fix from Dan.
>
> - Trivial helper for testing queue FUA from Dave Chinner, part of his
>  O_DIRECT FUA series.
>
> - Series of swim fixes from Finn that actually makes it work again.
>
> - Loop O_DIRECT corruption fix, which caused data corruption in
>  production for us. From me.
>
> - BFQ crash fix from me.

For what it's worth, I disagree with this patch.  This change is based
on an apparently buggy motivation, as I wrote in my reply in the
thread where Jens proposed it.  As such, I think it might even bury
more deeply the actual bug that causes the crash (although of course
this patch does eliminate the crash for the use case reported in that
thread).

Thanks,
Paolo