Re: disk-io lockup in 4.14.13 kernel

On Tue, 2018-03-13 at 19:16 +0200, Jaco Kroon wrote:
> The server in question is the destination of  numerous rsync/ssh cases
> (used primarily for backups) and is not intended as a real-time system.
> I'm happy to enable the options below that you would indicate would be
> helpful in pinpointing the problem (assuming we're not looking at a 8x
> more CPU required type of degrading as I've recently seen with asterisk
> lock debugging enabled). I've marked in bold below what I assume would
> be helpful.  If you don't mind confirming for me I'll enable and
> schedule a reboot.

Hello Jaco,

My recommendation is to wait until the mpt3sas maintainers post a fix
for what I reported yesterday on the linux-scsi mailing list. Enabling
CONFIG_DEBUG_ATOMIC_SLEEP has namely a very annoying consequence for the
mpt3sas driver: the first process that hits the "sleep in atomic context"
bug gets killed. I don't think that you want this kind of behavior on a
production setup.

Bart.