Re: nvme multipath support V4

Guan,

If per-controller block device nodes are hidden, how can the user-space tools
such as multipath-tools and nvme-cli (if it supports) know status of each path of
the multipath device?

if at all, the path state is reflected on the controller class device
node, not on the namespace block device node. However, this is not
something user-space can rely on as well.

In some cases, the admin wants to know which path is in down state , in degraded
state such as suffering intermittent IO error because of shaky link and he can fix
the link or isolate such link from the normal path.

We have a ctrl_loss_tmo that will remove such a degraded controller
after timeout expiration (default is 600 seconds). When we remove
this controller we log this information so its available for a sysadmin
to fix this if needed/desired.

What we would probably need to do, is either to add a nvme-cli "rescan"
option to discover and connect to all unconnected controllers so the
sysadmin can run after fixing an issue, or introduce a daemon that does
this every say 60 seconds or something.