request for information on using NVMe under linux

Hello,

I am experiencing an abnormal performance issue with my Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (2B2QEXM7) on my Ubuntu 24.04 LTS system. My setup includes a 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700 x 20 processor, and the SSD is connected to an M.2 M-key, type-2280 slot (PCIe Gen.3 x4 interface) that supports NVMe on the motherboard.

Specifically, I have noticed a significantly low write speed of around 700MB/s on my Ubuntu system. After some research, it appears that many users face similar issues when using NVMe drives on Linux. In contrast, when I tested the same SSD on the same motherboard using a portable Windows OS, the write speed was approximately 3GB/s.

Could you provide any methods to optimize the performance of my NVMe drive on Linux? Additionally, how can I update the NVMe driver on Linux using "nvme-cli"? Any advice or recommendations you have to address this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Jamaleddine AMGHAR