Re: INFO: task hung in bdev_open

Hi Christoph,

Thank you so much for your responsel!

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 at 23:28, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 11:27:52PM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 06:19:01PM -0700, Marius Fleischer wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We would like to report the following bug which has been found by our
> > > modified version of syzkaller.
> >
> > For your reports to be useful please make sure your szybot actually
> > provides the same features as the real one, that is link to the
> > reproducer, mention the exact git commit reproducing it, provide a way
> > to submit fixes.
>
> .. or just feed your modifications to the original one so that
> everything just works..

Please note that the original email does have a reproducer and kernel config
attached, and specifies the exact git commit of the kernel version on which we
found this crash. I am happy to manually test any patch attempts. Unfortunately,
I do not have the infrastructure to host an automated system similar to syzbot.
Please let me know if there is any additional information in regards
to this report
that would be helpful for you!

As of right now, we are not yet ready to approach the team around syzkaller
to see if they are interested in our modifications as our work is still ongoing
research. We are certainly hoping to do this at a later stage!

Wishing you a nice start to the week!

Best,
Marius