[LSF/MM ATTEND] Flash-friendly file system for the host-managed model of OCSSDs

Hello,

I would like to attend LSF/MM with the goal to participate in the discussion
related to the OCSSDs - SMR, Hierarchical Interface, and Vector I/Os topic.
I am implementing the flash-friendly file system for the host-managed
SSD device model. When we started our project we haven't any restrictions
on the model of interaction with SSD device. And we've used approaches in file
system architecture that could be affected by this discussion. Finally, I would
like to share my vision of distinction between host-aware and host-managed
models of SSD device. I believe that it's really important to discuss the SMR-like
zone model from the flash-friendly file systems point of view too.

Thanks,
Viacheslav Dubeyko.

Viacheslav Dubeyko
Principal Research Engineer
Western Digital Corporation
e.  (Vyacheslav.Dubeyko@xxxxxxx)
591 SanDisk Drive, Milipitas, CA 95035, WDC Research Center
www.wdc.com