Re: Bcache is not caching anything. cache state=inconsistent, how to clear?

Thank you for your detailed reply and sharing your experience and solution.

So it seems Bcache and Btrfs are fundamentally incompatible when it
comes to caching writes? It has worked fine for 2 months, and then it
just imploded. I'll stay in writearound mode to be safe.

I've checked and my cache device has a block size of 512 bytes. That's
a strange value, as the backing device is a AF HDD (like all of them
in the past decade or more), so the block size should be 4Kb.
I guess this also works until it doesn't.

Can I destroy and recreate the cache device on a live system (my root
filesystem is on this bcache set).
I guess I can't. This is probably what I've done wrong today - I did
not unregister the whole cset before attempting to recreate the cache
device.

I am honestly a little afraid to touch it, after what happened.

I hope Bcachefs will eliminate these problems and provide a stable
unified solution.

Take care
- unfa

--