Re: how does the caching works in bcachefs

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 03:20:14PM +0200, Stefan K wrote:
> Hi and thanks!
>
> > LRU, same as bcache.
> do you plan to change this , since LRU is not very efficient (in comparison to
> other), maybe 2Q or ARC[1-4]

No, but I'd be happy to help if someone else wanted to implement a new caching
algorithm :)

In real world mixed workloads LRU is fine, it's not that much of a difference
vs. the more sophisticated algorithms. More important is the stuff like
sequential_bypass or some other kind of knob to ensure your backup process
doesn't blow away the entire cache.

> > [...]
> > And you can pin specific files/folders to a device, by setting foreground target
> > to that device and setting background target and promote target to nothing.
> ok thank you very much! That must be documented somewhere ;-)

I just write code, not documentation :)