Re: Several bugs/flaws in the current(?) bcache implementation

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 11:44:50 +0800 Coly Li wrote:

[snip]

> Hi Christian,
>
> Could you please try the attached patch in your environment ? Let's see
> whether it makes things better on your side.

Don't have custom/handrolled kernels on those machines, but I'll give it a
spin later.
Looking at the code I'm sure it will work, as in not going to full speed
when idle.

Is there any reason for this being a flag instead of actually setting the
max writeback rate, as mentioned when comparing this to MD RAID min/max?

What this does now is having writeback_rate_minimum both as the min and max
rate for non-dirty pressure flushing.
Whereas most people who want to actually set these values would probably
be interested in a min rate as it is now (to drain things effectively w/o
going overboard) and a max rate that never should be exceeded even if the
PDC thinks otherwise.

Regards,

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Rakuten Mobile Inc.