Re: Issue with kernel 5.x

Hello!

I was experiencing that, too. There may be a race in initramfs between
the kernel enumerating the bcache devices and the scripts trying to
figure out the filesystems. There's two ways around it: The
distribution should fix the initramfs scripts to wait longer for
rootfs device nodes to appear, or you could try adding rootdelay=5 to
your kernel cmdline as a temporary workaround (this delays mounting
for 5 seconds, you can try different values).

I'm using dracut as initramfs generator and it seems fixed since a few
versions. I don't think this is a bcache issue: initramfs needs to
probe bcache, then the filesystems. It's more likely this is a udev
issue.

Regards,
Kai