In-memory bcache

Hey,

I'm trying to replicate Flashield for a filesystem with bcache:

* https://www.usenix.org/conference/nsdi19/presentation/eisenman

I have a filesystem on SSD with lots of tiny cache files and my goal is to:

* Not write files that are going to be overwritten (low TTL for example)
* If I end up writing, I want to write in large chunks to reduce write
amplification

These two things combined should greatly reduce durability requirements for SSD.

Is it possible to achieve with bcache? I can live without durability.

So far I've tried:

* Storage on SSD
* Cache on /dev/ram0
* Disabled sequential cutoff
* Enabled writeback
* Put ext4 without a journal on /dev/bache0

But it seems like some writes still spill directly onto durable
storage, dd of 10MB of zeros reliably generates IO almost immediately
(before writeback delay), which I am trying to avoid in the first
place.

I have a fuse implementation of what I want to do, but was hoping to
get away with what is available out of the box.

Thanks!