Re: Regression in 4.14: wrong data being read from bcache device

Hi Campbell & Pavel---

On 11/16/2017 11:36 AM, Campbell Steven wrote:
> On 16 November 2017 at 21:28, Pavel Goran <via-bcache@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I encountered a severe problem when trying to switch to kernel version 4.14.
>> In short, reads from the bcache device produce different data in 4.14 and
>> 4.13.

Thanks for the report.  I've heard about this once on the #bcache IRC
channel too, so it seems this is a real problem, though I've not
encountered it in my testing yet.

This is just a note to let you all know that I'm looking at this and
will be seeking a clean repro that's not too painful to bisect to
determine what's going on.

Most of the 4.14 work predates my involvement on bcache, so I'm coming
up to speed on it.  That said, it looks pretty boring/safe within
bcache--- and where there's functional change it's almost all in the
write path which wouldn't be relevant here.  So I'm somewhat fearful
that there is an interaction with something else within the block layer.

Mike