Re: 4.8.8, bcache deadlock and hard lockup

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 05:13:41AM +0800, Coly Li wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> Could you please give me an exact procedure that how the environment is
> configured, and how the commands are executed ? I will try them on my
> machine to reproduce it.

Thanks for offering.
So I did more testing, and while bcache piled up and died in the end,
the problem seems to be a VM issue and bcache might not handle some
memory case quite right, or may simply do everything right and be in a
losing battle with a VM problem.

Current details on
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MarcMERLIN/posts/A3FrLVo3kc6
Right now I'm testing 3.19rc5 to see if it gets around this VM problem,
but I'm fairly sure at this point that bcache is not the issue.

Will report back.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901