Partitions on bcache devices

Hi,

Currently it is not possible to create partitions on bcache devices, eg, if you have bcache0 you can't create bcache0p1, bcache0p2, etc.

There are patches [0] out there which 'enable' this, but they aren't suited to be send upstream.

For the Ceph [1] project it would be very beneficial if bcache would support the creation of partitions on the devices.

I'm not a kernel nor bcache developer, so I don't know what has to be done exactly, but I'm trying to see if this can be implemented in this year.

Is work for this underway? If yes, what is the status? If not, what has to be done and how can I assist / support it?

Thanks!

Wido

[0]: https://yaple.net/2016/03/31/bcache-partitions-and-dkms/
[1]: http://ceph.com/