Re: BUG: drivers/md/bcache/writeback.c:237

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 04:17:24AM +0000, Eric Wheeler wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016, Eric Wheeler wrote:

> > > Yeah, that was  my understanding too, but I wanted to make sure.
> > > Strangely (worringly so?) the cache was replayed at boot, and this time
> > > nothing crashed, or any traceback.
> > > Now I'm wondering if it pushed garbage onto my filesystem :-/
> >
> > I'm not convinced that journal replay will writeback, especially because
> > of the documentation stating that forcing a bdev into a running state
> > invalidates its cache.  I think it just keeps the datastructures in good
> > shape on the cachedev, even though the cachedev was invalidated by forcing
> > a 'running' state.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> Thank you for your help investigating.  The two patches resulting from our
> testing are on their way into 4.5.

I saw that, thank you.

> How has it been running since?  Any new backtraces to investigate?

No crashes since then, although my last one started when I was shutting
the laptop down, and I don't shut down very often (actually virtually
never unless I upgrade kernels :) ).

But that's another way ot say so far so good :)

Thanks for your work looking into this.
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901