Extreme slowdown

I don't know what is causing it, maybe the poor SSD quality, but I am
downloading a game on Steam with rate of 2.2 MB/s, and it is clogging
the filesystem access. Opening a new website halts for several seconds
on checking the local cache. Same thing on opening applications and
even clicking the XFCE menu.

My home and root partitions shares the same backing SSD device,
configured in writeback mode. Is there any configuration I could make
to mitigate the issue?

--
Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella@xxxxxxxxx