RE: Moving a backing device between 2 cachesets

Doc says:
detach
  Write to this file to detach from a cache set. If there is dirty data in
the
  cache, it will be flushed first.

As we're in write-through mode, I don't care about dirty data

> >- md stopped on node 1
> >- md started on node 2
> >- md attached to cacheset2 on node 2
>
> No, you don't attache it, you have to create a new relationship; ala
> 'make-bcache -C ...'

Hmmm. The local ssd (cacheset) is shared between multiple backing devices,
so having to "make-bcache -C" at this point is painful.

> >At this point, cacheset1 is attached to nothing, but still has valid
> blocks
> >"linked" to the backing md device
>
> If you do, your data is hopelessly gone.

Again, write-through means all the writes should be safe. I mostly care
about reads that were cached in a previous cacheset and might be delivered
again.

The setup is maybe hard to describe, so for the sake of simplicity it can be
summarized like that:

One node with 2 independent SSDs configured as write-through cachesets (-C)
and multiple storage devices configured as backing devices (-B).

I want to be able to safely move any single backing device from one SSD to
the other (and vice-versa) in a safe way.

Would that work ?

Regards, - Patrick -