Re: bad btree header at bucket xxx.

On 11/09/2013 02:00 PM, Thierry De Leeuw wrote:
Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know of a specific commit that was made
to fix that issue or it just did not appear anymore? How frequently did
you encoutner this issue?
I ran into this once, but haven't had this issue since. I can't recall a specific commit, but I think it was kernel 3.11.4.
I also thought of just reformatting the cache, but I would remove all
evidences/traces that could maybe be useful to investigate the issue. So
if I have no-one interested in some post morten on the cache device in
the coming days, I will proceed with that approach.
There is also little tooling to trace, investigate or fix problems
apparently. Is it something planned in the future?

What is also odd to me is that the GUID listed in dmesg does not seem to
match any device (eventhough it is clear that the message is about the
cache device sdb1)
When I ran into this issue I was mosty interested in recovering from a "broken caching device" which showed not to be that hard. I assumed I could gather more evidence if the issue would show up again. I can imagine Kent or Gabriel could be interested in some post-mortem analysis, but that's up to them.

Rolf