Re: bcache-tools and bcache support in other linux packages

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 02:34:35PM +0200, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
[...]
> I can imagine that one may wish to (b)cache one specific LV and not the
> other(s) in the same VG in which case bcache is to be used on top of the
> specific LV. I think in general however it's best to use LVM on top of
> bcache because it's closer to the (slow) storage you want to accelerate.

Interesting, then logic would suggest to (b)cache
the components of the RAID.
Of, even better, to (b)cache /dev/sd[ab] (in this
case) and cover, in this way, everything.

> So I guess it depends on your requirements.

It's a desktop PC, I notice that performances
mainly depend on the storage subystem, the rest
(CPU, memory, GPU) is fine for me.

> I'm not sure if there are specific technical arguments in favour of one or
> the other. But I can say I've seen both work during testing.

Thanks,

bye,

--

piergiorgio