Re: block activity stats

Hi Kent,

I'm sort of using this thread as a point to jump into one thing I am
working on.

I am working on a munin plugin and configuration settings to track the
cache and backing device statistics.  What metrics do you feel are
important to track for both the cache and backer?  Sysstat will
obviously capture all of the raw device I/O numbers we would need but to
tell the whole picture I'm sure there are allot of stats bcache tracks
that would be nice to relate to the raw I/O.

I also plan to write a script that will output raw numbers in a similar
fashion to what you'd get with iostat so one can get more of a immediate
snapshot with definable intervals.

Thanks,

Jason