Re: Formatting of backing device

You can attach bcache to a drive with an existing file system, and it
will continue as normal.  If you connect to a drive without a file
system, then it will continue to not have a file system, but you can
format it while attached.

Attach/detach should work while the device is in use.  This isn't the
most tested code path, especially with writeback on, but it's supposed
to work.  Detaching while the cache is dirty requires flushing all
that data so performance will be bad until the detach completes.

Let us know if you find any bugs.