Re: New version up with fix for md and other block devices

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 03:31:48PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
> I'm not sure that stacking is the issue. I simply did
>
> echo /dev/md10 > /sys/fs/bcache/register
> echo /dev/md10 > /sys/fs/bcache/register
>
> at that point it all came crashing down. I'd have thought simply
> detecting that a particular device was already registered would
> solve the problem.

Ok, that's weird. It shouldn't be able to register the second time
because the first register opens it exclusively, and the second open
will fail with -EBUSY.

> Well, I had intended to run some tests with it stacked on top of md,
> but as I pointed out in the last oops in my prior mail, every time I
> try and attach the cache set to /dev/md10 the machine panics, so
> I've not really progressed to actually trying things out. I figured
> re-running the tests I'd already run with it stacked on a single
> drive was pretty pointless.

Bah, I suck at reading comprehension tonight, didn't see the second
oops.

That one looks strange, I haven't seen an oops there before. Which raid
type are you using, and which driver? Hopefully it's related to the raid
type and not the driver...