Fwd: bcache.patch

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcus Sorensen <shadowsor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Subject: bcache.patch
To: kent.overstreet@xxxxxxxxx

Was looking for bcache.patch and it's not obvious where I should be
able to find these for various kernel versions. I did suck down the
3.1 kernel tree in the git repo, but I've put some work into my
existing kernel tree and would like to use that.

 Also, various sources seem to state that it relies on filesystem
UUID, I'm assuming this means that I cannot use it to speed up a block
device that I'm exporting elsewhere (e.g. a logical volume exported as
iscsi or Fibre Channel target, that the client has
partitioned/formatted), because locally I should not be aware of or
using the filesystem, but perhaps I could use it if I were exporting
flat files as volumes to be used elsewhere (cached against the local
fs on which the flat files reside). Is this correct?

Thanks,
Marcus Sorensen