Re: New stuff up in git

On 8 September 2011 09:49, Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just finished updating both the bcache (off 2.6.34) and the
> bcache-3.1 branches with the latest stable code.
>
> Also got cgit set up and working, finally. Need to stick a link in the
> wiki to it..
>
> http://evilpiepirate.org/git
>
> I still haven't figured out how to pack a git repository so cloning it
> doesn't take > 80% of my linode's ram, but cloning works for me so I'm
> done screwing with it for now.

I was able to make a clone by cloning Linus' repository on github,
then adding your repository as a remote then fetching, in case that
helps anyone.

> The bcache branch compiles but hasn't been tested. I don't expect any
> issues though, it's pretty close to what I normally develop/test on.
>
> The bcache-3.1 branch still doesn't quite compile, but it's pretty
> close - I'm try and get a working version pushed tomorrow, I did boot
> a linux 3.1 + bcache kernel at one point...

I made a patch using the bcache-3.1 branch that does apply to the 3.0
tree as well FYI. Haven't attempted to compile it yet but will do in a
bit, see what happens. Do you need to set CONFIG_BCACHE=y in the
kernel config?