Re: Not a bcache superblock

On 07/25/11 09:14, i- wrote:
Hi all,

When trying to register a device with bcache, I have the following error message
: "bcache: error opening /dev/sdb1: Not a bcache superblock"

Digging around showed me the magic number could not be matched, digging a bit
more I found out that the cache_sb structures are different in the tools code
and in the kernel code.

There are 3 fields before the magic in the tools' bcache.h but the magic is the
first field in bcache.c in the linux module code...

Am I out of sync between repos ? (I cloned them both today)

Yeah, I just uploaded a new version of the tools and the matching version of bcache isn't up yet.

Do a "git checkout HEAD^" in the bcache-tools repo to get a version that'll work.

Regards