Re: qjackctl: disable baloon popups?

On 02/04/2015 11:08 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

On 2015-02-04 11:21, Hermann Meyer wrote:

I just click on the system tray icon to hide/show qjackctl,
instead "close" it.

thanks for your suggestion, howerver that sounds very counterintuitive:

what i really want to do is get rid of "that window" after i'm done
with it. my focus (both my brain and my mouse) is most likely near
that window. the usual way to get rid of the current window is by
closing it via the window-decoration or by Alt-F4. *not* by moving the
mouse-pointer across 2 screens to a tiny icon and click that.

hi IOhannes

indeed, the bubble popups may build up to annoying

i seem to remember that this topic has been somewhat a "dejavu", maybe on this or some other related lists nearby...

allow me to be consistent: i've simply ditched it as a "who cares?" stance. please accept my apologies, again.

tbh. i don't see it as a pain-of-a-nag as you probably do :) the bubble only happens to stay there for a dozen of seconds or even less (yeah right, it's probably 10secs.), but you can just click on it and bang! it will (shall) vanish immediately--is it too much of a nag?

ok. you can also refrain yourself from ever touching the WM's close command ie. the [x] button on most top level window decorations. you can just teach yourself to follow Herman's advice from this moment on %)

hth.
cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela